Creek township, set off from Salem township by decree of the court
April 21, 1858, was first permanently settled about 1800, when James
Williamson raised a crop of grain. He was a Revolutionary soldier.
Frederick Horn came in the following year. The settling of this
township was comparatively late. Some of the land of the township was
not taken up at the middle of the nineteenth century.
postoffice called Pleasant was for some years maintained in the
southern part of the township, and among the many German residents of
the township several church organizations have been formed, a German
Lutheran and a German Reformed church having been organized about the
middle of the century. One of the first blast furnaces of the county,
the Harry of the West, stood on the east line of the township.
Century History of Mercer County, 1909, page 172
|Otter Creek Cemeteries
|Otter Creek Census Records
|Otter Creek Towns & Villages
Jerusalem Reformed Cemetery
Salem Evangelist Cemetery
|1840 (was a part of Salem Twp.)
1850 (was a part of Salem Twp.)
|Transformation of Otter Creek
|Formed in 1858
from Salem Township