Four Mile Presbyterian Church
6078 Tuscarawas Road
Ohioville Borough, Beaver County, Pennsylvania 15009


Part II

Sunday School

In the 130 years since Sunday School was started at Four Mile in 1861, there have been many dedicated Christian Sunday School teachers who have directed a lot of youths and adults to a more Christian life through timely teaching.

The names of the classes usually change after a decade or two but some in our church lasted longer, although now they have been dropped or changed. The Josephine White Missionary Society became the U. P. Women's Association and later the Presbyterian Women's Association. The original name was for one of the class members.

The Anna McCune Bible Class, named for one of its members, was in existence prior to 1930 and continued until 1989. When the attendance was down, it combined with another class. Mrs. Lillian McDole was the teacher of the Anna McCune Class for about forty-seven years. The Scott Bible Class was another adult class that lasted for quite a few years, but the attendance declined until it was also disbanded.

The classes in existence today (1991) have all been named since about 1950.


Four Mile Church History Index

Beaver County Churches Index

Beaver County Home Page


PAGenWeb   •   USGenWeb   •   USGenWeb Archives


Beaver County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects. All documents, photos, materials
and graphics contained in the Beaver County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.
You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb.
Copyright © 2000-2015,  Jeanne Hall - All rights reserved.