Four Mile Presbyterian Church
6078 Tuscarawas Road
Ohioville Borough, Beaver County, Pennsylvania 15009


Part II

The Chancel Area Furnishings

The two chairs and settee with the red velvet covering, that are now in the Narthex, were originally covered with horsehair. Several years ago the Scott Bible Class had them refinished. The marble topped table, also in the Narthex, was at one time the Communion Table. The two silver cups, pitchers and plates on display in the Secretary, also in the Narthex, were used for Communion in the early church. We do not know just how old all of these items are but, perhaps, when the old sanctuary was built in 1872 it was furnished with the setee, chairs and table. It is thought that the silver service is older.

The old pulpit that is sitting in the Green Room of the brick addition, was in the old sanctuary.

In the late 1940's, with the congregation growing, a larger Communion Table was needed. An oak table was given to the church for that purpose and sat in front of the steps to the chancel area. Sometime later two matching chairs were given. These pieces are still in the church.

The settee, chairs, marble topped table, the oak Communion Table and chairs and the pulpit were replaced when the sanctuary was remodeled in 1956.


Four Mile Church History Index

Beaver County Churches Index

Beaver County Home Page


PAGenWeb   •   USGenWeb   •   USGenWeb Archives


Beaver County Genealogy is part of the USGenWeb and PAGenWeb projects. All documents, photos, materials
and graphics contained in the Beaver County Genealogy pages are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.
You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission.

Space provided by Rootsweb.
Copyright © 2000-2015,  Jeanne Hall - All rights reserved.